Postdoctoral associate position in bioeconomics or natural resource economics at the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies
Started date summer 2017
The successful candidate will contribute to research on coupled ecological-economic systems and capital theoretic approaches to valuing stocks of natural capital. The individual filling this position is expected to collaborate with faculty and to develop original research. There will also be opportunities to participate in other ongoing research. Applicants are encouraged to visit http://environment.yale.edu/profile/eli-fenichel/research for more information about Dr. Fenichel’s ongoing projects. Position is expected to last 1-2 years.
- PhD focused on Natural Resource & Environmental Economics or Mathematical Ecology/Biology (or closely related areas).
- Knowledge of economic dynamics, natural resource economics, and/or capital theory.
- Strong programming capabilities (e.g., R, MatLab, Stata, Mathematica, or python).
- Knowledge and interest in both ecological and economic systems.
- Abilities in econometrics or applied statistics, with specific understanding and care relating to observational and secondary data sets (applicants should have experience beyond difference-in-difference program evaluation with an eye towards structural models).
- Abilities in dynamical systems modeling, dynamic programming, or optimal control preferred.
These positions offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Furthermore, Yale FES offers an excellent interdisciplinary environment with strong core groups in economics and ecology.
For more information or to apply please contact Eli Fenichel (Yale F&ES) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should send a cover letter describing their interests and skills as they relate to my research, a CV, a description (up to one page) of a computational project he/she has engaged in outside of a class, the contact information for three professional references, and JMP. Please combined documents into a single pdf.